View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 02:49 AM   #1
jerimy75

Aired Out Height Issues w/ PB Mild DM

*Please note, my original title was incorrect. This is an aired out height issue, not a ride height issue*

Greetings all - It's been quite a while since I've posted or even visited the forum... when I started my project back in 2011 and would see guys talking years to build their pickups, I said "Not me" but now I understand! Man, life's a *****! Here I am 8 year later and just now hoping to get to paint and body this year. I'm hoping someone has run into the same issue I'm having or can look at this as a second set of eyes and tell me what I'm missing or if I'm not missing anything, have a suggestion or two for me. Here is my issue:

'72 C10 (duh) with a PB Mild DM with 2" drop spindles. With everything aired out, the rear notch sits on the axle and the frame at the rear cab mount is about 2.5" off the ground, but the front cross member is on the ground and the frame at the front cab mount won't fit a 2x4 under it. The front bags measure about 3.5 to 3.75 in height with the front on the ground (I'm told there is an internal stop at 3"). Now if I shim the front bags up to where the frame is about level with the rear notch sitting on the axle, I have to shim about 2.75" and the frame sits about 3.75" off the ground at the front and rear cab mounts.

Help! Should I not have a 2" drop spindle with the mild DM? This is the only thing I can think of that would cause this to be off so far. Even then I'll still need a 1" spacer or so if I want the frame to sit level. But really, I might be happy with the front cross member a couple inches off the ground, just so I can drag it up a car carrier if the air system fails me.

I will appreciate any help you can give. Thanks in advance!

Sorry the photos are rotated... I'm not sure how to fix that.
Attached Images

Last edited by jerimy75; 02-25-2019 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Incorrect title
jerimy75 is offline   Reply With Quote