View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #18
SCOTI

Re: Wheel and Tire selection for a 1970 Step Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Stepbed View Post
That's probably me. I have 18x9.5(5.25" bs) on all fours. I did have 285/40/18 tires, but now I'm running 275/35/18. I'm currently using TCI Engineering suspension, but I had this setup with a 4.5/6.75 dropped stock suspension.

The determining factor will be rearend width. I have a 72 rearend, which is wider than the 67-70 rearends. That's going to change your backspace numbers. Also, for what it's worth, the 5.25" backspacing is still a bit too much for a stock stepside bed. 5" bs would've been ideal, but hard to come by in a one-piece wheel.

Again, as SCOTI said, measuring what you have is the best way to know what will and won't fit.

Your truck & '1971_c10' truck were the 1st two I thought of when I opened this thread. Thanks for reinforcing the need to check your personal set-up vs what another truck might have. It can be a frustrating & expensive mistake.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote