View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 05:21 PM   #61
Paul Y

Re: What did you do WITH your truck today?

It is said that every great story has a beginning, a middle and an end. Not sure who said that but they must have been a somebody or else we would never remember it.

The same could be said of any great road trip, Rian and Martins exploits in the States, Bruces epic travels across Canada and beyond and even my own humble expedition out into the wilds of…Kent…

Therefore Ladies (heres hoping) and Gentlemen Without further ado I give you the start of my own Road Trip to collect… well no spoilers as yet.

The Beginning.

An army marches on its stomach and, in my advancing years mine has grown to accommodate a marching army helped in no part by the great Ouma rusk.

Suitably fortified I awakened Woody from his slumbers.

Filled him with 11 gallons of Mr Shells finest and set (not sure where the picture is for this one but I am sure you can use the ‘Theatre of the Mind ™ ‘ to fill in the blanks and headed off the 50 miles to a secret location called Hever in Kent.

Its amazing how a 4.11 geared truck can cruise quite comfortably at 70mph when you are listening to the Adam Carrola pod cast via headphones…

Technology never fails to amaze me. Using Google Maps I set my journey to avoid the Motorway after leaving the M25 and was welcomed with the winter landscape that is the Garden of England.

The Middle.

I had ventured out from the flat lands of Essex to collect a new – well to me- work bench from Ross, a very nice chap who makes bike racks for a living in the shape of animals. No pictures but imagine cows, elephants and deer heads where the tusk, horn, antlers are the support for the bike. Got it? Good.

Safely loaded we had a chat about the disposable world we live in, furniture and why tea will always be superior to coffee. Plus we talked about cars. As you do. When you are a bloke.

This is Ross current mode of transport a rather nice Amazon. Nice.

So loaded up, hands shock and farewells made I headed back towards home via a short detour to see a certain Rian of this very Parish.

More scenery.

And safely on the afore mentions Grizz’s drive way.

More tea and a general chit chat about the important things in life. Like trucks. ( My best wistful looking into the sunset pensive model pose)

Every the gracious host and generous man that he is my arrival seemed to coincide with a nice new (to me) storage cupboard which was duly added to Woody’s load bed but not before Rian convinced me that it would be a great opportunity to take some pictures with the backdrop of the farm and the Medway/Thames estuary (take your pick Geography was never my strong suit.)

So we offloaded the bench and proceed to take a few snaps (gross understatement Rian has a great eye)

I will get that body damage fixed this month!

Now fully Papped out it was back to Rians to load the booty/bounty

Before leaving in time honoured fashion…

https://youtu.be/ucVmsET4BFw

My work here is done.

The End.

Can’t think of a more fitting end to the day.

I have actually done quite a lot to Woody in the year since he came into my ownership, once I have something worthwhile reporting I will post it up for your delight and edification.

P.
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote