View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #18
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

Re: 69 Pontiac Lemans

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Nice car! Love the Pontiacs, dont see many around anymore in my area. Ona side note, is there any way to keep the gold color to the new booster? Clear coat?
Not sure I'd like to know as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Very nice Pontiac and I love the history. Great Grandma must be pretty cool.
I wish i would have met her! She did drive it through the garage door at one point by putting it in Drive instead of reverse hence the salvage title haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
I can picture it now. Granny cruisin with the radio blasting "go granny, go granmy, go granny go". 😉

Way cool pontiac.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
"This car came with the wife... Our first date she asked me if I wanted to drive it. Marrying her was obviously a no brainer..."

Neat story. Not to high jack, but met my wife in 1964 at work. She was driving her dad's 1961 Ford unibody pickup and thought I'd laugh at her if I saw her driving a truck, so she parked it out of sight. I told her that we'd probably have been married sooner if I had known she had a truck, LOL.

That's a sweet Pontiac. I would follow your plan of steering, brake, suspension, wheel upgrades but personally would not touch the original engine unless it's worn out and needing a rebuild. The mods that your F-I-L made to it should give it enough power to make it a fun driver.
Thanks for sharing! Yup thats the plans. The engine works great and is fun to drive. Plus 226,000 miles on it without a rebuild so far which I think is awesome.
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote