View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #5
ahlsy

Re: 1972 K20 Suburban

My list of small issues to fix is getting bigger every day...So far this is what I have.

2nd and 3rd row seating. (on the hunt for some original seats)
Leaky engine (losing a little engine oil. I'll get it cleaned up and fix the leak soon but there's enough that I can't tell if anything else is leaking ie trans and transfer case)
Passenger door handle (button stays in and door won't close. replacement ordered already)
Fuel level gauge doesn't work. (Ordered a new sender and will have a look at the wiring when it shows up)
No door keys (new set of locks ordered)
Exhaust not the greatest. Still solid but but it looks like the PO wanted to try building an exhaust system for the first time...
Missing tailgate badge
Extra holes in the doors, and incorrect trailer mirrors (I don't mind those mirrors but I'll end up either filling the original holes or finding better mirrors...)
All the rubber in all the doors needs replacing (That will be an ongoing project I suspect)
Needs some sort of interior (I'll slowly ad interior panels and sound deadening as I go)
AM stereo not working (I'm looking at options for speakers and a head unit that look stock...)
Panel gaps aren't very good and there are 2 definitely different colours from a respray (that will likely wait for a few years. I can live with it for now)

Other than that, things are looking pretty good for a daily driver. Most people around here have never seen one of these so I get a lot of weird guesses. The most popular one is 'some sort of international...'
ahlsy is offline   Reply With Quote