View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #12
binford

Re: LS Standalone DIY harness

The LT1 videos are brand new, posted in March or April of this year.
He goes over every tool he uses as he uses them.

The Blue \ Green PCM pin connections are the same through the years, but the wire colors can vary.

I unwrapped my harness and use ty-raps to keep it in check. I only unwrapped to where the wires loop back around to the big electrical connectors.

I used a 4x8 sheet of plywood on my table saw to create a large work area, I have the van harness and you need all of it. LOL

As of last night I had de pinned all the unused PCM connections and pulled the wires back to the where the harness is still wrapped. I labeled every wire with masking tape just in case. I put Blue 57, as I can reference the pdf for the description. I did this in case I made a mistake, I could then easily fix it.
I got all the pink wires cut and labeled as to where they go, using an ohm meter with the tone function. I stripped some extra wire so it would fit into the small holes in the connectors and was able to check for continuity.
I bundled the even side injector wires and labeled them. The idea is if you need to troubleshoot, you have a clue of what pink wire goes where.

Tips learned so far:
Remove only one wire at a time and label it once its pulled.
Print the LT1 swap pdf and write notes as you go. I have not added any wires yet but noted it ont he PDF.

Here a photo I took last night, it looks like a mess but each wire I touched has a label.

binford is offline   Reply With Quote