View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 05:35 AM   #88
Woodyboat

Re: Sparky's 1978 Silverado Build "Addiction"

I think the idea of using turnbuckles is an excellent one. I'm sure that they will come in very handy when I reach this point on my own project. And this is one very good reason why we support these forums and exchange ideas. Thanx so much for sharing, Mike.

For me personally, my biggest concern is going to be that my truck is a crew cab. I'm wondering how much more complicated it all will be. But I will know more once I get into it deeper.

Also, I think this is a good time to add this one additional thought. I'm actually looking forward to working on my truck because threads like this one have inspired me with confidence. I have very few personal friends who even understand why I would ever want to fix my old truck. They look at me like I had two heads and ask me, "Why don't you just buy a new truck?" So, I try to give them that same look in return and ask them, "Why in the world would you ever want to take on ten years of payments, interest and high insurance costs just to drive the same thing everyone else is driving? Where is your sense of individuality?"