View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #106
Becker67

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Nice lookin truck Becker, really like it. Looks like a Super, but it's hard to know definitively. Black door panels not available on a Super unless it came with black buckets. Can't tell if you have the bright tailgate handle in the picture. It's possible that someone wanted to change the interior to black as mentioned above and swapped out, or even painted, the original olive, blue, or parchment panels.

I also can't tell in the picture the paint color of your glovebox door - is it black or red? If it is black, is your VIN's plant (7th character) code "S"? A red Cheyenne would absolutely have a red gb door whereas a red Super could have a red OR black gb door). I think it was a St Louis plant thing, but don't quote me on that... Black door is not definitive proof, but it's one clue of several. Anyway, hope that helps.
It does have the stainless tailgate handle cover. The glovebox door is all red. The code on mine is a z.
71 cheyenne super swb 454/700r4 4/6drop tach,tilt,a/c,bucket seats,speed warning
96 gmc swb
Becker67 is offline   Reply With Quote