View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #1
Second Series

1990 Chevy K1500

1990 Chevy K1500. Basically the same set up, 5.7 V8, 5LM60 5-speed transmission. Shortbed stepside, I’m comfortable with ½ yard of gravel so this is big enough for that although I do like the full size bed of the GMC for plywood and sheetrock.
33” tires! Looks good, but a stiff ride probably due to the torsion bars were cranked up so the fronts would clear. This originally had A/C and I’d like to put it back, the compressor was replaced with a pulley. I’m not a fan of led lights, but it has led lights on all four corners. I might be able to use the rear fixtures from the GMC when I part it out. The fronts are completely different with four headlights where the GMC has two.
I purchased this truck last month and drove it home. It runs well, I like it and my son is eager to ride. The check engine light is on and the check gauges light is on. The temp and oil gauges fluctuate. I ran a check on the codes and got 43 Electronic Spark Control (ESC) circuit. I’ve been reading up on that and will start by checking the resistance of the knock sensor. I’ll remove the gauge cluster and check the contacts in the connector to try to fix the gauge issue. The brake light is on and the parking brake cable is saggy. I’ll look into the cable first and go from there. A good driver/project.
Attached Images

1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote