View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

'67 step-side replacement rear bumper

Hey guys!!! I was just curious if anyone has used anything other than a 67-72 rear bumper on thier step-side. I am not interested in using an aftermarket rear bumper. I wanted to use a more modern factory "beefy" rear bumper on my truck. I do not like the idea of some jerk who is paying more attention to his coffee or cell phone than to the back of my truck. The truck was given to me a year ago by a friend who bought it and decided that it was too much of a project to restore. It sat in a hay fiend for over 9 years (the amount of mouse crap in it proved it) and was apparently someones "work" truck, trust me this thing was BEAT! Rednecks should not be allowed to own cars. This thing was painted with housepaint and a roller and spray foam was used extensively to fill rust holes. (I am not lying) If it was anything other than what it is (a '67 short bed stepside), I am not sure I would be bringing it back from the grave. I included some before and after pics, hope you enjoy. I have a body shop in Sutherlin, OR and all of the work (outside of the interior work) is being done by yours truly. My wife and I are calling her "Tangerine Dream". I can't wait to see her back on the road. I am also building my wife a 1953 chevrolet 4400. She loves BIG trucks.
Attached Images

Last edited by Richard8971; 09-09-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote