View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 01:14 AM   #16
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

Re: '67 step-side replacement rear bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc View Post
Love the color!
Yeah, I do too... (I have always been a big orange fan) I am not one to hide secrets. The color is actually Lamborghini California Orange Pearl. The color is unfortunately a factory tri-stage, a candy color if you will. My friend in Tucson found a way to make it a regular BC/CC formula and it is much, much easier to spray and I don't have to worry about the number of coats changing the color as much. All I have to worry about is coverage and this color covers really well for being an orange. (4-5 coats max over a light gray sealer) I altered the formula some (took out the metallic flakes and put in some new pearls in its place) so it is not quite the same as the factory and to keep it somewhat custom. I get more complements on the color than anything. As a side note, this color is quite forgiving as it hides slight imperfections in the body work/paint making the work seem even more perfect!

The tank was painted using a "spatter" painting effect. Helps hide imperfections in the sheet metal.

FYI, the total cost of this project will be around 3 grand (maybe 3500 or 4000, but the truck was given to me by a friend and labor is my own), not bad eh? Paint was donated by M & M paint in Medford (our paint/body material supplier). Thanks Jay!!! We currently use Valspar and Lesonal paints at my shop and I am using Valspar BC/CC on my truck. Excellent product for custom work.

Don
Attached Images

Last edited by Richard8971; 09-11-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote