View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 02:37 AM   #43
Kracin

Re: 69 Fleetside, Build and Sell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billla View Post
It ain't about where you ship it - everyone that owns (or wants to own) a Chevy truck is a member of the board...whether they actually belong or not.

Two thoughts:

1. You're not likely to get anywhere near the money out of this thing that you're putting into it unless you run into a complete moron that doesn't look it over carefully. You're sure not going to get 12K from a "paint over sins" resto.

2. Even if you do find a moron that's willing to buy it, because of the type of "repairs" you're considering I find the ethics here pretty questionable. You may not see it this way, but us folks that helped people out when they've been screwed over by someone doing these same type of "repairs" when the paint flakes off and the fiberglass cracks see this as a pretty dirty deal...

IMHO, I'd just delete the thread - it's sure leaving a bad taste in my mouth :/

12k is a very very optimistic price for the amount of money in parts and work going into it but im fine with cutting even on it also heh, this is mainly a practice truck with bodywork, and i certainly have no problem showing someone pictures of the build since i already have plenty, and pictures of how things are repair. oh and for the record i just ordered the Inner Roof Header Panel from LMC for 99.95 (shipping to hawaii sucks, ugh, 140 in all for it). so that roof panel that i thought i was going to have to repair with fiberglass i may be able to get this piece replacing that and have a friend weld it in for me at his shop in town... if i can buy him enough beer.....

hell im confident enough in my ability to repair and build cars that ill even post up a pic of the guy who bought it and give him direction toward this very board so he can become a member and people can try to tell him that the truck he bought is a POS and let him write back in disbelief saying that its actually very nice and already knows all the things he may want to look at fixing later.

i get the same kind of "what a stupid kid", and "this guy doesnt even know what hes doing" when i drive my cressida around and bring it to shows because people think its a beat up POS, until the hood gets opened, but i roll around in a sleeper built to throw people off with more work (done solely on my own, which except a bit of electronics) into just the engine, than people have done in their lifetime of working on cars. so this thread and the replies definately dont phase me at all, and i wont delete it either, i dont like giving up on projects no matter how hard they are, or who doesnt like it, because cars are the biggest preference thing out there, especially custom ones. which is why my daily driver is a 450+ HP turbocharged 4 door luxury car that looks like i inherited it from my grandma

oh and thank you to the other guys who are wishing me luck on this... living in hawaii like i am, you need it for things like this lol (rains on sunny days out of nowhere alot!)
Kracin is offline   Reply With Quote