View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #488
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by lleff View Post
I really have enjoyed reading through your build, you have made that blazer look great. I vote for throwing the 4 speed back in. Even having to put the shifter in a different zip code between gears I bet it will still put a smile on your face.
Thanks for following along! I did enjoy driving it when it had the 4 speed even with the long throw between shifts. It's not much for performance, but my wife did smoke a Vette with it at Cruisin the Coast! She even chirped the tires in third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
You know I like it. Will the granny low be useable with the super highway gears? I’ve thought about doing a 3:08 or 2:73 with my Muncie. I may just end up screaming on the interstate as a trade off for fun around town...
I don't think so, it has a 6.55:1 1st gear, looks like 5000 RPM's will net 25 MPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invicta455 View Post
I just looked at the C/10 builders guide also spotted it
I've never been so excited to be the background in a picture. A childhood dream of seeing my truck in print in a National magazine has been fulfilled!

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote