View Single Post
Old 03-30-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
Mike_The_Grad

Need help on standard transmission/transfer case ideas.

Hey everyone, I'm working on a project for a potential customer and need some help with recommending a 4wd standard transmission and transfer case setup for him. He has a 1979 k10 SWB. It was his grandfather's and has a lot of sentimental value to him. He is doing a frame off restoration but keeping the old patina on the body. So far he has had the frame line-x coated and new leaf springs installed it's currently just a rolling frame. He had a custom ordered 383 stroker built already. So that is done and set. The truck was originally a stick shift and he wants to keep it that way. I believe the 383 is a roller block 1 piece rear main seal. Which means it's probably externally balanced. What are some options I can show him to help him settle on something he will be happy with and can keep the project rolling? So far I was thinking maybe nv4500 for the overdrive gear. But if that proves too complicated which 4 speed trans/transfer case would be suitable? I think the engine is making around 400 hp/unknown torque. Let's see what we can come up with.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote