View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #3
Acorn

Re: Finally Purged the 16.5s

Man, selling the slots would be a tough call. But trust me when I tell you there are NO 16.5 tires out there when your on vacation. I was in the middle of nowhere Colorado when I slung a cap off the crappy Goodyear. I put my OLD spare (also 16.5) on and then proceeded to stop at every tire shop, repair shop, salvage yard I could find. Nothing. Then after about 200 miles my spare started to leak slowly. Luckily I had a small air compressor so I could air it up every night and morning because the tire will pop off the bead real easy on a 16.5. Talk about this flat land Texas boy having some major Kung fu grip on my steering wheel as I was goin thru the mountains with a tire that could blow at any moment! When I got to the first big town I stopped at a tire store and bought some cheap 16' steel wagon wheels and told them to put some comparable tire sizes to what I had but to make sure it was a common size that I could get 'anywhere' You will defiantly breath easier knowing that you can find a tire when your out on the road with the family.
By the way, I think the black looks good on your truck! Love that camper!