View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
NONHOG

Re: Camping/adventure van

So fight the steering box once again and figured since its pretty close to where it should be we should go play. Me and the boy headed out and went snow shoeing. Van did great brake and accel tests on a foot of snow proved to be no problem. We parked went hiking then took off back down the hill (mountain for those in flatlands) What I didn't know was the guy in a Suburban "square body" had nearly bald all terrain tires and completely iced the road spinning and skidding. It was my bad for not being more careful but I slide right into him as I couldn't stop. Very stressful 2 mile ride downhill watching the square sliding toward cliffs and ditches while the van still sliding slightly thanks to the newly iced roads. All of this while waiting to discuss our accident at the bottom of the FS road. Beside fearing for the guy, his child and his pregnant wife I was thinking about increased insurance rates. Turns out he said they were fine and my license plate was the only damage. They cheerfully bid farewell and I asked if they wanted me to follow to be sure they got home safe. (lightly snowing) nope we are fine! O.K?
Attached Images