View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Glade Green 59 Apache // Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFlorida_Apache View Post
....My seat springs were bad but the frame was good. Was able to pick up another seat nearby that had good springs and a bad frame. Cleaned up both and made one good seat frame and springs...

Too bad you were/are 3,000 miles away. I had my seat frame & springs sandblasted and powder coated gloss black before deciding to do away with the springs in favor of modern foam. My seat came out great but I can't bring myself to toss my perfect/no broken or collapsed seat springs, so they hang in my garage. I'll sell them someday I guess.

I like the sanding, polishing on your paint. Better by far than clear coating decades of neglect and calling it "patina". Kudos on making the effort to make it as good as it can be.

I'm no a fan of the very low profile tires like you seem to show in your photoshop but I like the steelies and caps. May I suggest you consider a lighter shade of the same green/blue as the body rather than emphasize the brown of the rusty portions? Whatever you do I'm sure it will look great like the rest of what you've done so far.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote