View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #652
LEEVON

Re: Project "Popeye"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Leevon, seat is looking good. I would suggest that use an old sanding disc. New ones want to bite to deep into the foam. Cut your are pressure down, and work slowly to shape. Good luck...Jim
Ahh, thank you. I may have to wear one in first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert1957 View Post
Have a question about the whole foam thing, How do you determine thickness needed. Is there a reference somewhere or do you have access to an interior guy?

Not to steal your thread , but I have a seat base with good frame and springs. Is your combo more comfortable then original recovered?
I guessed at the thickness, they are very close to original but both of them will need to be thinned to my liking. I don't have an interior guy yet. I am a big guy so the factory seats are torture to me, especially the high and forward position. I can see well and the wheel is right in my gut. I have sat on the foam and it is light years better than springs for sure. Give it a try!