View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #115
moregrip

Re: my C10 project....building a truck from a heap of parts

update:

As I'm requiring more "build" room in my 3 car garage, mostly for parts storage and then to relocate non truck stuff, and living in a master planned community, I finally got a plan approved to build a storage shed in the back yard. So while the next couple of projects won't be actual work to the truck, pouring a pad of concrete and building the shed are going to allow me some MUCH NEEDED real estate for storage, which then translates into more work area! I'm sort of getting my garage sorted while working on the truck as well, so that being not especially efficient I sort of ping pong a bit from time to time; but really, I haven't worked on the truck all that much because I've been finishing up a degree in Business Administration. So its mostly been a "collecting parts" thing so far.....although I did sneak in a few good days here and there.

I did manage to contact my old friend Richard from West Coast Racing Cylinder Heads and went over some ideas for my, circa 1962, inline 6 cylinder head so once I get some cleanup done on it, I'll be sending it out to him for the finish work. You know, the stuff that takes actual talent!

Also been fortunate enough to pick the brain of a new friend, Larry, from T6Racing on all things inline 6 in an effort to get my little 250 performing nicely.

I've also got some ideas for a nice brake setup, kind of a mix between a "1 off" using off the shelf parts, or "mix and match" might be a better way to describe it, to get some stout braking inside of a 17" wheel.

That's about it for now. Even though married life, 3 boys, a full time job, school, and sports keeps me busy, I'm always building this truck in my head! Once the school part goes away, I'll be getting on this more regularly! Besides, I've never been known to do anything truck build related quickly, lol.

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)

Last edited by moregrip; 03-06-2018 at 05:06 PM.
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote