Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 11:41 AM   #147
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

It probably takes me longer than some but that spot where I filled in the hole is turning out nice. I have a slight low spot and I'll be done. I'm using very little bondo at a time, then sanding and repeat. I needed to use more at first but I had had that problem before of using to much and then I would have to sand a lot. I'm learning.

Also patched in a spot that can't be seen with fender in place. I'll finish it next time, I jump around a bit, let welds cool.

Also tackled the door today, the big spot I mentioned before. A real pain and I had to walk away a time or two. I'm hoping it'll all smooth out real nice. I'll admit, the welds sucked. Some pin holes but I had to leave it. I kept burning through. I was able to somewhat reach in the door and built up the back side though. I'm getting better, but it will be a while until I have even half the skill as some of the guys on here.

I'm hoping to have all my little spots fixed and done by the time I start on corners. Between the inners and outers, I'm going to try to make the inners, it might take a couple of weekends.
Attached Images