View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:43 PM   #19
Old54Jones

Re: 1954 Chevrolet Build With My Dad

My next focus was getting the windshield installed and figuring out the wiring for lights. I bought some 12V LED lights to replace the old 6V lights. I wish I had done a better job writing down which wires went where for the wiring harness, but I was able to figure it out and got the lights working! When the blinkers finally blinked on the correct side and the hi beams turned up correctly I was super pumped. I have a picture of me smoking one of the wires trying to figure things out haha.

The windshield install took way longer than it needed to. I recommend buying the more expensive option when replacing it because the gasket I bought from JEGS absolutely would not work! We tried and failed several times so we took the truck to a glass installer in town. He tried for two days and said it was the first windshield he has been unable to get in place and he had been in business for 20 years. They did get my back glass in though no problem! After buying a new gasket it went into place the first attempt.
Attached Images

Old54Jones is offline   Reply With Quote