View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 06:30 AM   #82
soba_03

Re: Tricked-out Chevy six cylinder engines

Rafael,

Summit, Jegs, any of the places that you can buy parts for these will sell the split header. The intake you'll have to search the web for Offenhauser and there are a number of places for them as well. Right now I can't think of any off the top of my head. Now if your looking for performance stuff, that is a little harder to come by. Check out Patricks, Just google "Patrick's" it should be the first one on the search. He has alot of stuff for the older inline stuff. Remember the Sixes were used in novas and other autos. So there are a variety of places to find parts/dress up items for them. I also know that LMC sells components for the old sixes.

I bought my carbs and intake off Evil bay, the headers were Jegs, The alunimum cover and side plate were from Patricks mentioned above.

Hope this helps.

Understand that these trucks are heavy, there are no garentees that your milage is going to be better than a small V8. These trucks were built to run 50-55 highway speed. Start trying to twist 65-70 out of them there going to drink the gas.

It's pretty much a wash. Definately different, but just about even money for gas consumption.

Regards!
soba_03 is offline   Reply With Quote