View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #94
dug224

Re: Dug's 1959 Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dug224 View Post
Took a look at the GTO the other day and did not see any new photos. That thing will be nice when complete. The truck has fallen to third place behind the design of the new place and entertaining out of town family and friends on the weekends. I am looking forward to getting the momemtum back up this winter. Been watching shadow1967's 1959 Fleetside REBORN build thrash for motivation. Noticed he was going to put it together and drive it for awhile before final paint. Toying around with this idea. May get it together enough to use to build a house then go to final paint in a couple of years after I move into the new place.

Looks like 10-1/2" at the leading edge of the driver side rocker depending on which bend I measue to. Remember, the rear is unloaded and I have the front clip off. It will head towards 10" once I get the goods back on the truck which may be as soon as a couple of weeks. FYI....If you are laying on the ground looking under the truck, the bottom of the frame appears to be in the same plane as the bottom of the body. So far, my last minute decision to drop it an additional 3/4" has not back fired on me. Best I can tell from my pictures of the alternator clearance to the bottom of the hood (with X brace removed) is several inches. The throttle body, that I do not currently own, appears to clear the center hood structural piece as well.

Make that 9-7/8" to the bottom of the rocker. Confirmed on both sides. The cab was hung up on the top of the transmission. Got it out of the way and cut spacers for each side of the cab so it is exactly positioned in final location. Next move is to custom fit the factory brackets. Remember, due to transmission interference, I will be cutting the floor of the cab to install a slightly larger hump over the transmission. Also, another dimension that I have established is 16-7/8" from the flat face of the firewall to the center line of the front shock bolt. dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote