View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #33
cortcomp

Re: Finally caught a break NP440 / MY 6

Same here, the iron cases i've seen have that weird housing where you need the bell with it. Since i used mine in a BOP (3.42 rear gears, big cam though so numerically lower gears would be terrible, 3.42 is just good, 3.73 would be great) i had to have the input bearing turned down to a car sized bell hole (you could do the same to use it with chevy car bell i believe.) and use the gm pattern one for my BOP bellhousing.

You do almost never find them with the shifters and can never find shifter parts, but i'd rather make my own anyways because they're fresh new shifters and less slop than facory linkage. Muncie "shift arms" work no problem. I had to "narrow" one side of the arms to get it to not rub the tunnel in my A body, but there's so much room under these trucks.

Rebuild kits are cheap for bearings synchros and everything, so the only really tough part is finding one with the gm pattern, everything else is just a little elbow grease if you can't find it. It lives up great behind this beast:

Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=550931
cortcomp is offline   Reply With Quote