Old 12-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #47
Greg63
Enjoy your truck

Re: Finally caught a break NP440 / MY 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by par4tom View Post
Updates:

Hi guys,
I see where this thread got opened up again so I thought I'd share some thoughts on this tranny now that I've had a chance to run it a bit.

I have this behind a 420 hp 383 stroker with a 3.73 posi rear end. Let me just say, this tranny is PERFECT. The gear ratio is really nice for daily driving, with first and second gears being way better than the old granny sm420 I had. The .73 overdrive is really nice too...looking forward to better weather and some road trips to really run this thing through.

This thing bolted right up to my existing bellhousing, with no modifications needed other than a slight rerouting of the speedometer cable to reach the speedo cable input of the tailhousing. Which was no big deal. Not having to modify the bellhousing or move the clutch from the passenger side of the vehicle, was worth the extra time it took me to find this unit.

Great tranny, and I'm thankful to the guys who got me turned on to this particular model. Couldn't be happier for my application.

Tom

I did the same thing this past August and I totally agree with everything you said.
Greg.
1 Corinthians 10:13

1963 Chevrolet 1/2 ton
2010 Camaro SS/RS
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Greg63 is offline   Reply With Quote