View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 05:07 PM   #330
Purcell69

Re: 1957 Chevy 3100, meet 1994 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanmusc1e View Post
Hey man I don't mean to keep jacking your thread, but does the Ram JTEC PCM not have any anti-theft function? I just finally got mine running standalone after I added a hacked up BCM and connected it to the CCD bus. Without the BCM it will start and run for 3 seconds only.

If the dodge doesn't have any anti-theft features I should have just used the Ram JTEC
No worries at all Josh.

No, the 1998 PCM that I have doesn't have any of the anti-theft functions. The truck starts, runs and drives like it should. It could stand some fine tuning, but beyond that and a squeaky serpentine belt, it runs good.

I don't have a gauge cluster installed, so I am sure the is a Check Engine Light that I can't see, at least for the transmission, since I'm using the non-computer controlled 46RH, but other than that, I think I'm in good shape.

I still need to add a temperature gauge so I can see what the engine is running at and I need to take it to the shop to get the fuel sync dialed in so it will be 100%. I'm happy with it though, even as it is right now.

-Joe