View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 09:27 PM   #5
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

So I've been tinkering on her now and then but this weekend is when i finally dug in. I did this because i just did my taxes and this told me what this years budget would be.

So at the end of this weekend i got most of the front end off and built a little engine dolly from plans i found on stovebolt.com.

This was all done in between watching Iowa State win their 2nd consecutive Big 12 men BBall championship! (GO STATE!) that coupled by the ever mounting honey-do list. (I had to remind my wife yet again that we're different than the home improvement shows that she likes to watch as there are only so many hours in the day and we don't have a dedicated crew to get stuff done!)

So why Charlotte? So i'm mulling what to name the truck the other night and my 8 yr old daughter walks up to me and I ask her "What's a good name for the truck?" She looks at me with that matter-of-fact way that 8 yr olds can look at you and says, "Charlotte." I ask, "Why Charlotte?" And with that same matter-of-fact look, "because that's her name." After thinking it over for a second, i come to the realization that is indeed her name, "Charlotte"

So here she is...."Charlotte". but i will warn in advance. She is going to be a slow build, and as you can see by the scope, somewhat 'vanilla'. But she'll be mine and I couldn't be happier!!!
Attached Images