View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #25
dukes72

Re: Project: "Out of Retirement" 67 SWB, ls5.3

It's been too long since I posted some updates on the project. The truck is moving slower than I'd like, but it is still progressing. I got some paint on the interior of the cab. It's amaizing how good that feels...
Lately, I have been working on getting the new bed together, fitting door gaps, and generally getting everything the way I want to it before the final body work for paint.
So far, I am really happy with the bed kit I got from GMC Pauls and the overall service from them. They are the best. The bedsides are great.
I bought a door and a front fender from them as well. They actually delayed shipment to me on door because they inspected it and it wasn't nice enough. I wish summit would have done that with the mangled tailgate I got from them... The fender and the door didn't line up too well. I have to slice the inner bracer to relax the fender and re-weld it back together to get the contour correct. I also ground the door edge as well as welded additional metal to get the door gaps right. Now they look great.
Attached Images