View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #247
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

So today, I did a bit more cleanup of the contact areas for the floor. Had to do a bit of a balancing act with the cab at first; the lift shifted and was no longer supporting the cab all the way through both windows. Of course then everything else shifted, and I thought I would lose the cab. But I got it under control and managed to fix everything. I wish I could put the cab on it's back, but I don't have anyone to help. This is working anyway; it's not ideal, but it does the job.

I used the wire brush to clean up the back and front of the cab where the floor meets. Then I used a wire brush on my Dremel for the areas the big wire brush could not reach; it actually worked better than I thought it would.

The right side of the lip at the firewall was kinda messed up; partly because it was a pain to separate the floor in that spot, and partly because it's an area where I did my first BAD weld job. Again, the Dremel came in very handy. Worse case scenario, I still have a fabricated lip piece that Dan made and gave me, if I decide to replace this section of the lip.

Cleaned it up as best I could, painted on some weld-through primer and called it a day. I need to give the primer time to dry properly, and it was a pretty chilly day. Hopefully next weekend I can get the floor in - it's probably the last decent weather we will have for a while.

Messed up lip section:

Cleaned up kind of okay:

After weld primer:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote