View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #753
Killer Bee

Re: My Facetruck thread.

^ LoL, I remember moms rule for the regular egg buyers, bring a carton.. we had stacks of various sorts of paper, foam, etc. long time ago but do remember mom had her favorite types of cartons.. seems our eggs were fairly consistent but they did vary some.. must have been mostly extra large cartons and smaller ones fit as well? over 30 years ago when I was a young teen.. I do remember our hens could lay some whoppers though!

cool you have fresh eggs regularly, I really miss that rich flavor.. our hens ate very well and made fantastic eggs..

funny thing I didn't mention.. most of the hens layed in the tin hutches in the coop.. but in the long summer days when they spent more time outside, some would lay wherever they happened to be.. planters, bushes, tractors seats, patio chairs, lol.. and gathering eggs in the hutches was always exciting, some wanted only empty bins, others would sit on 3 eggs and lay theirs.. and some didn't mind a gentle reach under to grab eggs, others all hell break loose! they're fun critters to raise.. chickens are legal in my city, thinking about building a small coop for a few laying hens for my kids to experience.. and full well plan to raise some hens when I retire back on the family farm..

Last edited by Killer Bee; 02-13-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: forgot something
Killer Bee is offline   Reply With Quote