View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #22
focusedontheprize

Re: 1949 Chevy 3100 - the journey begins

It has been a busy couple weeks. I just returned from my week "vacation" where I went home and worked on the truck all week.

The front end is finally buttoned up and all ready to go. I have a little less that 2" clearance for road clearance (bottom of my axle to the ground) and that is exactly what I wanted. I still need to figure out what I want to run for wheels and tires, so I will be tinkering with that these next couple weeks.

The rear end is 85% complete. I pulled apart the rear leaf springs, pressed in new bushings, cleaned them, installed poly-liners, coated them in POR, and re-assembled. The came out great. We then mocked up the rear end (Thanks for the help Kabwe) and tacked everything in place.

So at the moment this is how it stands, well rolls is the more appropriate saying. It is great to finally have it down on the ground to get an idea of what I have.

Next up is mocking up the motor and transmission (that happens in 2 weekends) and then moving into gas and brake lines and exhaust.

Here it is in the daylight:

Here it how she sits covered and awaiting:

focusedontheprize is offline   Reply With Quote