Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 11:23 PM   #1940
Pinchecharlie

Re: Make it handle

Bummed to hear that it didn't all pan out but I suppose that's part of the process right? So what's it doing? Pushing ? Loose? I bet if you gave some details some racers would chime in. Seems like now your to the point where you need scales and springs to suit conditions ECT. I had a very brief stint (2 seasons, 2 cars lol) in a modified dirt car. Well man the tuning went on for ever with weight and springs and shocks and tire pressure and you know the rest. It may not be the most popular thing to say on here either but it is a old truck after all. If you've seen robs race truck before you'll know it's scratch fabricated tube chassis and dedicated racing suspension parts. I don't think these stock parts can go that far. Next I think would be coil overs and control arms but there goes the budget. Maybe the local dirt track guys could help scale the car and work on spring rates and shocks with ya. Those hillbillies know a lot about that stuff. I had started down the road but if you really really want to go fast and maybe even win it becomes a different game. I did the caster mod and it aligned at 4.5 degrees so thats cheap . It's a far cry from the race stuff though. Seems like to that staticly lowered isn't as optimal as the trucks with dropmember and raised rails. Seems like they have an easier time with springs. Again not very practical. Shoot I hope Rob comes back on you've done so much killer work would love to see you do good! Hmm...I have a dead crossme.ber I'd gift to you if you wanted to try the chopped up recessed thing. But my honest thought is the qa1 front coil over deal. You can do just the lower to start and build from there? Need a second job or sugar momma though! Well at least your out there and that is very cool!!! You'll get it Better and better I betting! Ok bump for rob
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote