Thread: C4 vs M2
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 02:22 PM   #2
joedoh

Re: C4 vs M2

I havent done either and ideally you would want advice from guys who have done both.

it is my opinion that a stock factory suspension in its entirety is better than a custom build for things like:

roadworthiness: it is insanely hard to certify something to use on the roads, and the factory engineers make decisions based on wear and fatigue.

longevity: factory cars (with replaceable wear parts) go hundreds of thousands of miles.

parts availability: factory suspension have parts stocked at dealers and auto parts stores all over the country, some aftermarket suspension pieces are only available from the maker.

that being said, heidts has a great reputation for M2 setups. I would never make a decision based soley on money. a used C4 setup may cost as much as the heidts by the time you replace all the wear parts.

for 5x5, you may be able to drill a second pattern in the C4 sealed bearings and brake rotors. the circle is only .25 larger on the circle so just have a machine shop quote it. I did that with mazdas in the 90s, had the rotors and drums and axles redrilled because finding high offset 6 lug wheels was a pain. but be sure and add this to your costs!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote