View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:03 PM   #28
Rich69shortfleet

Re: Need help with dash lights

These are the green front and side firing LEDs I used. Very inexpensive and I've used this seller before and he is always fast to ship. Never had a problem with anything I got from him.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-T10-Gre...72.m2749.l2649

They work just like the push-in or wedge bulbs that are stock. You do have to sometimes turn them 180 degrees to get them to illuminate since LEDs are polarity sensitive unlike normal bulbs. The stock bulb holders are just fine. In fact, the LED bulbs are a bit thicker at the base so they fit even more snuglying into bulb holders than the stock bulbs.

To do just the instruments you only need 4 bulbs. I bought 6 to have a couple spares, though I doubt I'll need them. The heater controls use a different style bulb as do the turnsignal bulbs. The TEMP and BRAKE and high beam lights use the same style bulb, but should have red or white bulbs, not green. I used white, they too are very bright. All the bulbs you need are available on ebay. I limit my buying to US based sellers, never had a problem, always very reasonably priced and I get them in a week or less.

For reference:

Gauge illumination (assuming green): green LED 194 bulbs, need 4, best to pick those with top and side firing LEDs
TEMP and BRAKE and high beam lights: white or red 194 bulbs, need 3
Turnsignal indicators: green or white (green works better) 1895 bulbs, need 2
Heater controls panel: green or white (green matches gauges) 1815 bulbs, need 1

Last edited by Rich69shortfleet; 06-12-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote