View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
Chris(NJ)

Re: Who wants to play; Find the problem?

Thanks for the ideas guys. @dsraven, sorry...I know the leak on the ground doesn't show anything. It was more for reference to show how much leaked out in a matter of a couple days. That amount is normal now. If I pull the truck out, wipe off the ground and park it...that same amount is back on the ground the next day.
From what I can tell, the engine leak is from the front, driver side. But that's solely based on where the leak is originating. I did my best to look at the trans for a leak, but I'll be damned if I can find a specific area where it's leaking. I was able to grab the driveshaft and I can wiggle it slightly. That didn't seem normal to me. But maybe a little wiggle room is normal on this trans?

Sounds like the vacuum modulator is a common culprit. Looks like it is on the right rear side of the trans from my brief google image search. I'll check that out for a leaking vac line first, but will order a new one in the meantime. A few of the symptoms of a bad valve match up. Including some smoke out the tailpipe. Normally I would always get a little bit on startup, but lately it's been continuing longer at idle. I assumed that was from it sitting longer and not burning off since I haven't been driving it.
Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote