View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #79
1956cameo

Re: Left for dead: 72 2wd blazer build

Last week I started tearing into the drivers side rocker area. ALOT of rot; at least the blazer is giving me alot of metal working experience before starting on my 56' Cameo project or 55' Bel Air project!

Here is a picture of the rocker area after cutting the rotten outer rocker and outer floor section off. I used what was left of the rocker box to help me line up the outer floor section when I tacked it on.

The rotten front door pillar prior to the rotten area bieng cut off. This is the part of the rocker area that I am using as a reference point to line everything up from. I made sure to get everything (door pillar panel, outer floor panel, and hatch channel) lined up perfectly right here. Anything from this spot should either fit into place or be modified to fit into place according to the placement of these three "foundation" panels.

The base of my foundation started from where the hole for the front fender was sitting. I used this point since it remained unmoved in its original location. As you can see the first panel that needed patching was the hat channel.

I know that repop hat channels are only about $10 but I like to patch with original GM metal whenever given the opportunity. So I took a section of hat channel from my donor floor panel and welded it into place.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote