View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 11:02 PM   #4
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: No key in ignition switch - should turn signals still work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
I have detailed many times how the turn signals get their power but it never hurts to do it again.
Brother I can't thank you enough, and I don't even know where to start, but I will share some feedback. First of all I know that sometimes we get caught up in fixin' our rigs and we don't search the forums properly or read everything and just want an answer, that's what I am greatful you re posted what you have said... much appreciated

Quote:
Your key switch plug may be shorting between the red power wire and the brown accessory wire. The key switch itself could be shorting internally.
BINGO, that gave me the idea of disconnecting the ignition switch plug completely, and testing, so I went to turn on the turn signals with the plug disconnected and no more turn signals, aha... it has to be the switch

Add to the fact that I could not turn the key to the Auxilary position and that I was able to remove it from the cylinder in any position and I think we found the smoking gun.

Quote:
Any of the above conditions would cause a battery drain with the key off and should not take long to drain it nor would they be hard to discover.
DOUBLE BINGO (if there is such a thing, lol) my battery would go completely dead after a couple days and I started disconnecting one of the battery terminals every time I drove the truck.
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote