View Single Post
Old 09-11-2018, 07:01 PM   #6
MARTINSR

Re: Weld Through Primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed57 View Post
man , every time i buy a can of weld thru i would spray it a couple of times and the ALWAYS clog up on me... I still have 4 cans that are just about full, but cant use them due to being clogged up....$20 bucks a can! fusturating!!!
First off, shake it REALLY good, leave it upside down for a while before you use it. Shake it up REALLY GOOD before using it. Then a huge trick, turn the can upside down and spray it until nothing comes out. This is clearing the pickup tube and nozzle for next time.

This is a BIGGIE, this should be done to every aerosol used. There are a few once in a while that have some sort of pickup tube where this can't be done, you will know it pretty quick because it keeps spraying something.

Honestly, this is so common it's crazy. I was a paint rep for a while and would go through the returns at the warehouse. The boxes and boxes of aerosol cans! And I could grab one and shake it up a bit and then spray it upside down and the clog would be pushed out by just air right, because the pickup tube is at the very bottom, and if it's upside down that pickup tube is in air only. So it clears out the tube and nozzle. I would do this to about any can I wanted.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote