View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #139
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

The budget is lighter, but at least I found a 241c t-case locally. We buy a good amount from this local boneyard so I got a better price than they advertised on the web. They wanted a core back. Larry was thinking ahead about keeping the old case as a backup if I managed to smack it on a rock and crack it like an egg. It just so happened one of my techs at work traded me a couple of parts for the old tailgate from my 75. One of those parts was a 207 t-case from a early S10 Blazer. Completely worthless to me but he gave it to me anyway. So I talked to the guys at the boneyard and offered the 207 as the core return. Bingo. They were cool with it. We got spare case now.

It's just in case. I'm going to have to tighten up my driving style now. The 75 was ratty enough I could wheel with reckless abandon. My rear driveshaft and doors showed the results of my size 15 boot.

Work is suspended for the weekend. I'm riding shotgun in Larry's rig for a weekend fishing run with a few buddies. The expected target for a fish antics is over a pass below timberline. It's a new area we've never explored before, but we both have been itching to get some dirt on the tires. We got beers, steak and snacks. Should be a good weekend.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote