View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
bowtie5

Re: '89 350 tbi 5 speed stalling and surging idle

Thanks 54jimmy for the advice. I sprayed carb cleaner aroung all vacuum lines and tb base with no change. PCV is new and working properly.

I do not have A/C to test that part.

When I start in the morning it doesn't seem to run any higher than when it is warm. Other than cranking a few seconds longer than I like, it starts fine. I never press the pedal when I start the truck. I assumed that it didn't do what a carb does. Other than the constant surging it runs fine. It doesn't surge from normal rpm to a higher rpm, it goes from a normal rpm to a low (rough) rpm.

Paying as much attention to the problem as I can lately I have noticed that the roughest idle and stalling happens after a hot restart. For example going to a store. I will come back out after 10 or 15 minutes and start the truck. It will idle very rough and stall each time I slow for stops signs or lights for a good 2 miles or so. After a few miles it goes back to just the surging.

Is there a way for me to test the IAC or distributor? Like I wrote before the shop hooked up the computer and showed everything running normally.

Thanks again for the advice.
bowtie5 is offline   Reply With Quote