Thread: $500 2003 Tahoe
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 02:48 AM   #12
izzy_Britton

Re: $500 2003 Tahoe

Still have not had time to look for the aftermarket alarm system that makes the annoying beep on double click lock.

BUT the good news is, i replaced the passenger door lock and window switch with a used one tonight and was able to program some old factory key fobs. so there really is something to that passenger door lock switch controlling the entire keyless entry setup on the 2003+

tomorrow i might (if time allows) try the passenger door lock switch from a 2008+ silverado to see if it is compatible with my tahoe. I had one in my hand today and the switches are in pretty close to the right position , but the switches themselves are different looking, they are upgraded and i really like the way they look. if they are compatible with my system, i will see what i need to do to change all the door switches over. not only do they look nicer but i bet i could find a nice set with working back lights too since they are much newer? worth a look in my opinion.
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote