View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
Putzer

Re: 69 step side build (lots of pics)(needs lots of help)

Small update with both the body and the engine.

Engine- I found some seriously questionable..debris, inside the heads and the 243 heads fell through so i decided to have both the rotating assembly and heads looked at by an engine shop. I plan to mill them .030 and have also bought a TSP cam-228/228, .600/.600, 114 LSA, 110 ICL. Some other parts I have bought include boyds EFI tank, all hoses and fittings to run the tank, all body mount bushings, trans bushing, and DD engine mount plates.

Body- I was able to get the bed off. All of the bolts just had the nut started and nothing was tight. I plan to remove the seat and old gas tank soon and mock up the gas tank to get it installed.

Questions & Concerns- When I was backing the truck in to the garage after taking the bed off the truck one of the rear wheels started to come off the ground. I think this is probably due to the PO heating the springs and sagging them so drastically. Im worried that i wont be able to drop the 6L lq4 and 4l80e in there without some serious weight in the bed. Would you all recommend replacing the springs/shocks etc? I am planning to upgrade the suspension in the future with a 3" drop in front with spindles and 4" rear drop, tubular control arms and shocks. But i was going to do this after the engine was in to help spread out the cost over time. I also need to figure out radiator, aux trans cooler, trans shift linkage and the drive shaft.

Let me know what you guys think !
Attached Images

Putzer is offline   Reply With Quote