View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:25 AM   #70
Desert1957

Re: Vintage air in the 73-87 trucks questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
Do it! (see below)

I think the kit retails for around $1300. I got a little bit of a brother in law deal since they used my truck to develop it. Since you are so close, I would highly recommend trying to go down there one day and pick up a kit. Everyone there is really good people.

Vintage Air used my truck for their prototype, so they actually installed the unit (and did a beautiful job, too). I brought it home last night from San Antonio, after spending the weekend there. When we got home, the main A/C unit in the house had gone out (it's actually still out and 90* in here.....). I did come home early from work, and snapped a couple of pictures. I still have a few loose ends to tie up from my engine swap, but I snapped a few pics this afternoon. My initial impressions are that it moves a lot more air than the original setup. The control head looks like it belongs there, and it smooths the firewall by getting rid of the evaporator box.

I have only puttered around my neighborhood so far. I think the gas has gone bad in the truck, and I do need to get another chip burned for it. No big deal, just need to find the time. I'm really just glad to have it back home. Anyhow, here are a few pics. If anyone wants any specific pics, let me know.
Was your truck a non a/c truck to start with? Can't tell bye looking at your firewall picture.

Looks great bye the way...

Desert
Desert1957 is offline   Reply With Quote