View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #46
bluex

Re: Squarebody Trailing Arm Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Truck arm set-ups (bag or coil) offer better ride quality vs factory leaf set-ups. I've had both years of trucks @ the same time (a 68 & a 74). They were dropped similarly & there was NO comparison. The 68 was much better.
Here is what I notice is worlds better than leaf springs. The rear axle doesnt "float" around under cornering. The truck sticks and tracks fairly well and feels much more planted when thrown aggressively into a corner than it did before. I added a locker as well and now if I floor it, the truck squats down and goes, and it goes straight. Theres no shimmy, no shake, no wheel hop it.. just.. goes... With the 295s I havent gotten it to break loose yet either. I guess thats good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Honestly crusing down the highway at 75 it doesnt seem to ride that much different. I am about 3/4" lower at ride height now than I was on the static drop though and it still rides just as good as it did. Large dips in the road dont seem to unsettle it as bad as they did. They are horrible here in SC at every bridge there will be a dip going on and off of it.
bluex is offline   Reply With Quote