View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #7
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

Alright back on track with this thread for now. Thanks to many people helping me understand a few things and bringing light to my questions.

So moving on. I have just about the entire brake assembly put together. I can't find red loctite here in Austria!???!?!! So I have to bring some back from the US when I go next week. Wilwood suggest using red loctite to secure the rotor hats to the rotor. Or maybe I just use blue loctite and also wire the bolts together.

But this weekend I hope to clean up my leaf springs and get some fresh paint on them and assemble the rear end.

I just got some timken bearing/seal set in the mail today, so those will also being going in.

I am waiting on my inch lb torque wrench to show up, so I can make sure my pinion pre load is where is should be. Right now I have it tighten down until I coudn't move the nut anymore (all done just by a ratchet). To be honest I think the preload feels good by spinning the pinion, but I figure since I am doing a complete restoration I might as well do everything the right way.

I should be picking up a few more parts from powder coating tomorrow or friday and then the frame will be all back together with crossmembers and motor mounts.

My Boyd tank should also be here friday, looking forward to mounting that bad boy up.

Ill get some pictures up tomorrow or so of the brake assembly.

Till next time

Paul
44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote