View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 08:10 AM   #148
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

I found my solution for the sway bar. I just removed the sway bar mount from the cross member and moved it back in the frame to where it will be usable. Only issue now is I will have to use spacers under the front cross member to make up for the material I removed or modify it a tad. This will work I think though.

I am also trying to determine what my final height might be. To accommodate for the frame differences between 2wd and 4wd I lowered the front spring's rear shackle by 1" lower than the 4x4 version, this of course threw off my pinion angle. Come to find out though that it wasn't enough. So last night I just decided to make some quick shackles to try and fix it some.

The stock shackles has holes spaces 4" apart, I moved it to 5" but that may be too much.

This of course made my pinion angle worse. I may make another hole at 4.5" and see what that is like but some how I have to move the front mount for the front leaf spring down the same I have moved the rear. So I may have to detach the hanger from the body mount and space it down 1"-2" to match what the rear is.

Fun fun, just showing what little progress I made last night.

If the truck gets too high I may have to go for a smaller lift spring, like 2.5" or so. I really don't want 6" of lift, I know that may sound weird but I am building it to be practical, it probably won't see any intentional off road use.
2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote