View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 06:57 AM   #6
Grumpy old man

Re: Interior and tonneau cover materials

Quote:
Originally Posted by short71 View Post
Thank you!!! Thats info on the cover I wanted, I had an apoulstry shop ask if I wanted it done in boat vynal?? Is that even close to this product? Or the same?
Anyone have pictures of door panels that are wrapped?
Boat vinyl has bi axial stretch and is not wide enough to make into a tonneau cover without having to piece it together with a seam across the bed ,Also when it gets hot it stretches ,when cold it shrinks . Tonneau cover material doesn't have as much stretch built into it so it is less prone to billowing when riding down the road also it is made to be built in one piece being 78 inches wide and comes on the roll as long as you want to buy it . When the snaps are already drilled into the bed the cover has to be custom made on the truck to fit also it should have wooden stays spaced down the length of the bed to keep it from sagging . The northern areas may use marine vinyl for tonneau covers due to the extreme cold in the winter ,When you unsnap a cover in cold weather it will shrink considerably (even in just a few minutes) and become hard to re snap closed . Picture of door panel wrapped in black vinyl and matching seat covers .
Attached Images

Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote