View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #121
HUSSEY

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

As joedoe said above, "so some people have flipped the mounts so that it moves the V8 even further back", I'm some people and that's what I did with a little clarification...you can't flip the adapters on the block or it will hit the fuel pump mount but you can mount them on the chassis and swap them side to side then bolt your rubber mounts on the block. Pictures are easier to understand, see below...

These were when I was mocking mine up. I ended up cutting the top bolt hole of the adapter mount off. You'll also have to slot the bolt holes on the drivers side of the frame mount bolt holes...why they didn't make it the same side to side baffles me...you can use the 2.8 mount as a template...better understood when you go to do it.

The pic below is the position I ended up with, with the bolt in the middle of the slot. Back just a little bit further would have been nice but in this position the trans dipstick tube is "just" clearing the firewall and I have is two fingers between the firewall the the back of the passangers side valve cover. The electric fan clears in the front but I did have to do some searching for a fan that was thin enough to fit.

I have some more description here along with the PN for the rubber mounts I used:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...9&postcount=24

Last edited by HUSSEY; 08-27-2017 at 11:04 AM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote