View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #3
caspear1978

Re: Frame repair kit

the frame tube where the shock and the exhaust hanger is mounted. On the rear of the truck. Is rotted out pretty bad.The side where the hanger is at is rotted completely off the main frame. Im actually waiting for the shock mount side to rot off as well. If i can id like to get it fixed before that happens. And with me starting another job. Which ill have full access to a shop with all the tools and welders ill ever need. I think now would be a good time to get the parts and when i start the job soon. Ill be able to pull the truck in after work one day. pull the bed. Drop the tank. and fix the frame the correct way. The main frame over the left rear axle tube has a couple of cracks as well. But that will be an easy fix once the bed and tank are out of the way. My other option if i am not able to fix the frame if its to far gone is to find another truck and just transplant my engine and tranny into it. My engine only has 146k on it and the tranny has 10k on a rebuild. tcase i would have rebuilt as well at that time if i pulled it. front and rearend. i havent decided on yet. But I would like to tackle the frame first if its not to far gone. gotta love minnesota winters.
caspear1978 is offline   Reply With Quote