View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
mr48chev

Re: Need help with reverse hood hinge fabrication 49

If you open this link to one of my photobucket albums I saved the pages out of the factory service manual that tell how to adjust the hood. It starts with 008 but may not be in order. It is quite detailed.

Best thing is to adjust the hood right and then make the nose fit the hood and with a stuck together truck on the wrong frame that maybe a real headache. On a stock frame there are set perimeters to go with starting with having the cab or body spaced off the frame the correct distance. On yours you have to come up with your own perimeters one at a time until it turns out right. That will probably mean getting the hood to fit the body right an then getting the fenders and rest of the front end to fit the hood right. That could include shimming the body or shimming the nose.

I ran into a similar situation when I subframed my truck back in 1980 and spent more time adjusting the nose to get everything to fit right than we did installing the subframe. Adjust and stand back and look and go again if needed.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote